DRYER TIPS and THINGS TO CHECK BEFORE SETTING UP A SERVICE CALL:
- Do not overload the dryer.
- Clean the filter before every load, and mid-load for heavy lint items like towels and sheets.
- Choose automatic cycle, not timed cycle, and set to the lowest temperature possible.
- Do NOT use dryer sheets because it will affect your filter and moisture sensor, and reduces air flow, slowing down the drying process.
- Avoid stacking the dryer on top of the washer for easier servicing of both appliances, which will save time and money.
- Make sure the dryer is not too close to the wall to prevent kinking the vent hose.
- Clean or replace the vent as needed for proper airflow. Do not use vinyl for the vent. We can recommend a vent cleaning company if needed.
For Dryers That Have Some Heat But Take Too Long To Dry:
Disconnect the vent from behind the dryer. Clean the filter. Set on automatic cycle, low heat and run for a full cycle with clothes. If the problem disappears you have a vent problem, call a vent cleaning company. If the problem persists, call us to set up service for your dryer.